Saturday, August 12, 2006

RSS Feeds

One web hint that I wanted to pass along. Using RSS feeds is a really easy way to keep up with websites that you like. The only thing you need is a browser that supports them. I would highly recommend firefox if you are not using it already. Once you have firefox or something similar and you go to a website (like mine here) you will notice that up in the address bar there is a symbol all the way to the right (a dot with two half circle lines over it). If you click on this it will open a box, that will have the name of the website and it will say create in: toolbar folder. Hit add and at the top of you browser you will see the name of the website. When you place your mouse over it - it will show you all the recent posts. So now you can quickly check when posts have been added. You can do this for any website that has the symbol in the address bar (like my web albums).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

david, thanks for the pictures. i loved them-i love the ones with caleb and anna walking away holding hands. really cute ones of caroline's party! thanks-mom(i signed in on michael's name)

Anonymous said...

yeah, nice pics and i will have to get back on firefox...it hasn't been working for me but i will try again. hope things are good for you.

matthew

Anonymous said...

david, I just want to comment on your "thought" section. that quote is awesome. it was really an encouragement to read that. It reminds me of the power that lives inside me.

Unknown said...

Hi david, I was able to see the video when I went to internet explorer.. So much fun - what a blessing to have such a great family! Beth :)